For people with hemophilia, traveling can be complicated. Before you embark on your next trip, prepare in advance to help make your trip safe and trouble-free.
Travel Check List
No matter how you travel, here are some suggestions to make your trip as safe and trouble-free as possible:
- Take your hemophilia factor bag and supplies: in a portable cooler filled with ice packs or in a cooler bag.
- Bring extra factor in case of an emergency.
- Always carry a letter from your doctor or hemophilia treatment center that includes a brief explanation of your condition and your need to use factor concentrate.
- Bring your factor prescription or information identifying the medication.
- Check your insurance information before you leave to make sure it is up-to-date and that you understand your insurance coverage. Bring copies of your insurance information in case of an emergency.
- Locate hemophilia treatment centers and hospitals on your route. Find out in advance about care centers and hospitals that will be along your travel route. This can be useful if you need assistance or treatment in an unfamiliar area.
- Click here to find treatment centers in the area that you'll visit.