How to stop a nosebleed:
- Pinch the nose firmly for 15 minutes without letting go. Make sure you are pinching the bulb of the nose so that it is completely closed.
- Spray decongestant nasal spray in each nostril prior to the nose pinch. Do not use a decongestant if you have heart disease or high blood pressure.
- Sit upright, do not lie down.
- Breathe through your mouth.
- Drink cold water to clear blood from your throat.
- Seek medical care if the bleeding does not stop within 15 to 20 minutes.
- Do not pick blood from your nose once the bleeding has stopped.
- Avoid hot liquids.